The Indiana Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts is holding a virtual training soil health for small farms. The training will be held on Thursday, September 16th from 8:00-10:30 (CST). The event is free, however registration is required. If interested register here.
Sunday, September 12th is the last Otters game of the year, and UNOE has 20 free tickets. Come out and support the Otters, two time Frontier league champions, as they face off against the Lake Erie Crushers. Game starts at 12:35pm
Sunday is also Evansville Trails Coalition – Dog Days of Summer, bring your dog to the game and enjoy discounted hot dogs. Customer Appreciation Day will also be taking place on Sunday.
Call the UNOE office, 812-428-4243, to reserve your tickets.
We have added several new community resources, including a self-checker, on our COVID-19 Resource page, to help people during these trying times. If you know of more resources which could help the community please let us know.
FEATURES THIS MONTH
- Complete Streets Ordinance – Information about the goal and spread of these ordinances in Indiana.
- Illicit Discharge – Evansville Municipal Code on disposing of yard waste, leaves, and grass clippings in city sewers and waterways.
- Cover Crops in Your Garden – How to protect your soil in the fall and winter months for next year.
- Get Involved with a Committee – UNOE is looking for members to join committees both concerning external and internal matters.
- HELP NEEDED! – Looking for a volunteer to help with digital organization and filing.
- Disaster Prep Education – Hosted by AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP and Carver Community Organization.
- Resparking Neighborhoods – Learn about the alternate Sparkplug Event this year.
- Water Management – Installing Culverts in Drainage Ditches.
- Fire Safety – Rules and regulations for open burning.
- Clean Up Events – Including Clean Evansville, Recycling Days, Tox-Away Day, and Heavy Trash Collection.
- NOCO Park – Check out the new space Downtown with music, movies, food, and other activities.
- Neighborhood Day and National Night Out – Thanks to the volunteers at the recent events.
We have received word, this meeting is cancelled, due to the rising number of COVID cases. We will let you know if the meeting is rescheduled.
The Evansville Public Library is asking for input from the community to determine how they should form their Master Plan. They are looking for information on what aspects of the library the community values and what they would like to see from the library going forward.
They will be holding eight public meetings to gather input from the community. The meeting schedule is below.
Tuesday – 8/24/21
5:30-6:30pm at Red Bank Library
Wednesday – 8/25/21
8:00-9:00am at Central Library
11:00-12:00pm at West Library
1:00-2:00pm at East Library
3:30-4:30pm at Oaklyn Library
5:00-6:00pm at McCollough Library
6:30-7:30pm at the Dream Center
Thursday – 8/26/21
10:00-11:00am at North Park Library
There is also an online survey if you are unable to attend the in person meetings. The survey can be found here.
UNOE has updated the “All Neighborhoods” Map, which includes all neighborhood associations which are members of United Neighborhoods of Evansville. There are three different versions of the map.
All Neighborhood Map with Names – 11×17-inch PDF version. View, Download, or Print here.
All Neighborhood Map with Numbers – 11 x 17-inch PDF version. View, Download, or Print here.
All Neighborhood Map with Numbers and Police Sectors – 11 x 17-inch PDF version. View, Download, or Print here.