Download our June 2018 Newsletter
FEATURES THIS MONTH
- The UNOE office is moving to 320 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Suite B, in the EVPL Annex at the corner of Cherry St & ML King Jr Blvd. More details in this month’s newsletter and next month’s!
- Summer Safety Tips from Evansville Fire Department
- President’s Message: Research & information behind UNOE’s Board of Directors’ unanimous support for the pending Noise Ordinance – 2017 Noise Complaint Data Summary
- The Importance of Participation – contributed by Sara Corrigan, University South Neighborhood Association
- Invitation from Lorraine Park & South Dexter Neighborhoods to their combined June meeting
- Invitation from the UNOE Marketing/PR Team: new members welcome!
JUNE GENERAL MEETING
Guest Speaker: Lorie Van Hook, Executive Director, Evansville Trails Coalition
Program: Blazing New Trails: An Update from the Evansville Trails Coalition
Learn more about their work to connect people and places, promote active lifestyles, and advocate for the development of multi-use trails
COMMUNITY EVENT NEWS
- Clean Evansville event info
- Mayor’s Traveling City Hall Program – featuring Summer Grill with e is for everyone
- Evansville Metropolitan Planning Organization meeting information
- Energize Evansville – Healthier U Walk
- Music in the Park dates & locations – hosted by the Evansville Parks Foundation and several sponsors
- Splash into Summer cookout locations – Donation drive is Fri., June 1
- Neighbor to Neighbor program – Catholic Charities enrolling for June class
- Chickin with a Cop – meet with officers from Evansville Police Department (EPD) over a cup of coffee
- 2nd Annual Cars in the Park to benefit west side neighborhoods, in partnership with the EPD Crime Prevention Unit
- Streets Alive! festival
- The Answer play coming to the Victory Theatre, featuring scenes that include a Neighborhood Meeting – Hear an early version of a song featured in the play & heard at our April General Meeting: My Neighbor
- Franklin Street Bazaar on Saturday mornings this summer
- Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (CISMA) meeting info from the Vanderburgh County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Fair Shot budgeting & homeownership workshops through HOPE of Evansville and Evansville Promise Zone
- & more!
SAVE THE DATE
Open House: New UNOE Office
Thu., July 26, 2018
Large Meeting Room
320 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
MORE DETAILS TO COME!
You must be logged in to post a comment.