FEATURES THIS MONTH
- Working Together for a Complete Count – The 2020 U.S. Census is key to the allocation of funding for our community. Learn more on page 1.
- Meet Your Legislators – Find the 2020 dates on page 1.
- Get Involved in Managing Invasive Plants – Learn more about CISMA (Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area) on page 5. Follow Vanderburgh Co. CISMA on Facebook.
- Speaker Resource: Be SMART campaign volunteers are available to speak to your group to raise awareness of how responsible gun storage can save children’s lives. Learn how to schedule on page 5.
- Special Day for Demonstrations of the Updated MyWater App from EWSU – Learn more on page 6 and at www.ewsu.com.
- Winter Storm Safety Tips from our friends with the Evansville Fire Department can be found on page 7. Follow EFD on Facebook.
- UNOE’s Nominating Committee Report – Learn more about the current nominees for elected Board positions. Nominations are accepted until the time of voting during the January General Meeting. See page 2 for details.
- Preparing for the 2020 Election of UNOE Officers – Check your Neighborhood’s webpage on the UNOE website to make sure your UNOE Representatives are listed correctly. Send any changes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office by 1/23/20.
- 2020 Membership Packets – Packets will be mailed and emailed to Neighborhood Association 2019 Presidents at the start of 2020. You can also download the 2020 Membership Forms from our Membership page. Completed and signed forms are due by Mon,. March 2, 2020.
- UNOE’s Inclement Weather Policy – UNOE office policy states that if the EVSC schools are closed due to inclement weather, the UNOE Office will be closed also. This also affects UNOE events or meetings scheduled for after hours. See page 5.
JANUARY 2020 GENERAL MEETING
NEIGHBORHOOD & COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Mayor’s Traveling City Hall
- Clean Evansville January event and the 2020 schedule – Keep Evansville Beautiful
- Evansville Metropolitan Planning Organization meeting schedule
- EPD Sector Meetings for January with the Evansville Police Department’s Crime Prevention Unit
- Recycling Days through the Solid Waste Management District including 2020 dates/locations
- WeTip Hotline reminder – Report crime anonymously online or by phone at 1-800-78-CRIME
- Splash into Summer will continue in 2020. Read more on page 7 to plan ahead for donating or being a part of the pool cookouts in your neighborhood. Subscribe to the newsletter of the Dept. of Parks & Recreation: click here.
**NOTE** Date Changes for Splash into Summer
Please use these dates, not what’s in the newsletter:
2020 Splash Into Summer Program
June 13 Helfrich Pool
June 20 Lorraine Pool
June 27 Rochelle–Landers Pool
July 11 Hartke Pool
July 18 Mosby Pool
You must be logged in to post a comment.